UKATA Asbestos Awareness Course
Who Should Attend?
This is a mandatory training requirement under Regulation 10 of the Control of Asbestos Regulations for
all those who are exposed or liable to be exposed to Asbestos content material.
This could include:
- Heating and Ventilation Plumbers
- Maintenance Workers
- Cable Installers (Phone, Computer, Alarms)
- Shop Fitters
- Construction Workers
- Painters and Decorators
Delegates who complete this training will:
- Gain a clearer understanding of the potential ill health effect of exposure to asbestos;
- Be better able to identify areas where asbestos could be found
- Understand the action to take upon discovery;
- Have a greater awareness of the main types of asbestos likely to be found within their workplace;
- Have a greater awareness of many of the products within which asbestos was originally included.
Asbestos Awareness Course Programme:
- History, types and properties of asbestos
- Possible effects on health
- Overview of relevant legislation to include the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2006
- Locations/identification of possible Asbestos Containing Materials (ACMs)
- Operations that could cause fibre release
- Asbestos Surveys
- Procedures upon discovery
Course certification lasts 1 year and there is a mandatory requirement for annual refresher training.
The asbestos awareness is a half day course (PM)
Fees: £125.00, plus VAT per delegate