NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety
Via our Sister Company – JNC Safety Services Ltd we offer the NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety.
The certificate is globally recongised and designed for anyone who has fire safety responsibilities in small to medium sized organisations. Upon achievement you will have the knowledge, skills and understanding to help prevent fires from happening, carry out effective fire risk assessments and minimise fire impact.
The NEBOSH Fire Certificate is a Level 6 qualification which is accredited and credit rated by the Scottish Qualification Authority (SQA). Holders of the certificate are able to apply to the International Institue of Risk and Safety Management for Associate Member (AIIRSM).
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. Please note that it is important that delegates studying the certificate have a suitable standard of English language. See link below for further syllabus details:
- Element 1 – Managing fire safety
- Element 2 – Principles of fire and explosion
- Element 3 – Fuel, oxygen and ignition sources and control measures
- Element 4 – Fire protection of buildings
- Element 5 – Safety of people in the event of fire
- Element 6 – Fire safety risk assessment
- Understand the management of health and safety
- Manage fire safety protocols
- Understand the principles of fires and explosions
- Identify the causes and preventions of fires and explosions
- Identify and implement fire prevention and protection in buildings
- Manage the safety of people in the event of a fire
- Conduct/complete a fire safety risk assessment
- Promote a positive fire safety culture
Course Delivery and Duration:
This course is delivered by either classroom based learning or via self led distance learning. Duration of the classroom course is 5 days. For self led distance learning JNC recommends spending between 40 – 60 hours on the course. The assessment for the certificate consists of an open-book examination (OBE) and a practical risk assessment project. Fees below include one sitting of the examination.
Classroom: £850.00 plus VAT per person (fee includes study book and materials, tutor led course away from the workplace, lunch and refreshments, study with fellow professionals, one sitting of examination)
Distance Learning (Self Led): £650.00 plus VAT per person (fee includes study book, access to learning platform for learning materials, one sitting of examination when you are ready, complete the course in your own time)